3D painting has brought a whole new level of possibilities in the world of printing. People can now print and bring almost everything to shape using this groundbreaking technology. This category of printing has brought more speed, efficiency and high level of consistency.
However, everything in this world have their own set of advantage and disadvantage. You need to know about both of them before you start using the machine. We have compiled them in today’s blog amd meanwhile you can check the amazing 3d printers at ekocycle.
Advantages of 3D Printing
Here is a list of all the advantages of 3D Printing that you can benefit from –
- Speed – the biggest advantage of 3D Printing is its speed. Before the advent of this technology, it would take weeks to develop a prototype and only then you could print the end result. But, now you can benefit from Rapid Prototyping and get a prototype ready in just a few hours in a single day. It has rapidly increased your ability to manufacture, design and modify every part of your prototype. Hence, the speed of manufacturing has revamped.
- Quality –3D printing has successfully increased the overall quality of your products. With better control over the different layers of the prototype, quick and easy modification and simple controls, the end result you get is of really high quality. Some printers come with laser-based systems, which offer significant improvement in printing. So you get a more visually appealing and better value for money products.
- Flexibility –flexibility is another amazing advantage of 3D printing that you can benefit from. In any other manufacturing process, every part or new design requires a separate tool, mold or die in order to be created. But, with 3D printing, the design can easily be fes inside a slicer software and you can execute any change you want without affecting physical machinery.
Disadvantages of 3D Printing
Now that you have learnt about the advantages of 3D Printing, take a look at some of the few disadvantages that persist as well –
- High Energy Consumption –3D printing requires a huge amount of energy in order to be operated. It consumes atleast 50 – 100 times more energy when compared to traditional technology like injection molding. That is why the overall cost of manufacturing a big batch of product can give you an expensive energy bill.
- 3D Printing Is Expensive – 3D printing is very expensive. Yes! A single machine can cost thousands of dollars. You will need a significant amount of capital in order to setup a business related to 3D printing. That is why you must have good demand for your products before you can invest and start running a new 3D printing device.
So, these are the advantages and disadvantages of 3D Printing which you need to be aware of. Make sure to check them out and only then decide whether you should invest in a 3D printing machine and start your business.