NO or Nitric Oxide is a gas that is naturally produced in the human body by way of the work done by specific enzymes known as nitric oxide synthases. These enzymes break down the amino acid called arginine. Nitric acid works in the form of a signaling molecule present in the vascular system. It dilates the blood vessels and also increases nutrition delivery and blood flow to the muscle cells. The best thing about this naturally occurring physiologic compound is that it is also available in the form of a performance-enhancing supplement to be used by professional athletes and bodybuilders.
The Main Ingredients Contained in Nitric Oxide Supplements
There are two main ingredients found in nitric oxide supplements and they are citrulline and arginine. Both these amino acids are nitric oxide precursors. Thus, supplementing with citrulline and arginine can help in improving the levels of nitric oxide serum.
Major Benefits Offered by Nitric Oxide Supplements
Nitric oxide supplements are quite nutritional. Some of the most important benefits offered by nitric oxide supplements include:
- Nitric oxide supplements can effectively be used for increasing cardiovascular endurance and improving cardiovascular wellness. Apart from this, nitric oxide supplements also help in reducing recovery time from workouts and injuries. They also help in increasing the ability of the joints and the bones and in performing well at memory and learning tasks.
- The supplements also help in increasing strength, better workout, and in gaining lean mass and muscles fast.
- The intake of nitric oxide supplements signals the blood vessels within the body to expand which further increases the flow of blood that is rich in oxygen to the muscles. This enriches the muscles with good amounts of protein and nutrients and thus the muscles get pimped up immediately.
- The arginine content in nitric oxide supplements plays an important role in completely reducing the exercise-induced increase in ammonia and plasma lactate. This extends the time until muscle failure. Taking nitric oxide supplements in combination with glutamine and BCAAs can help in improving training efficiency. This happens because of the increase in the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood.
- The arginine content of nitric oxide supplements can also be of good help in stimulating the production of growth hormone. It has been proved through studies that oral ingestion of arginine in combination with proper workout helps in increasing the levels of growth hormone. This is because of arginine’s ability of suppressing somatostatin secretion. This is a hormone that inhibits growth hormone. Thus, it can rightly be said that metric oxide supplements are essential for the growth of muscles because growth hormone is responsible for tissue and cell growth and it is highly supported by arginine in NO supplements.
The above cited advantages are enough to provide the evidence of the huge popularity of nitric oxide supplements among bodybuilders and athletes. Gym goers are simply fond of the pumping effect offered by nitric oxide supplements.