People who are health-conscious, need to lose weight, or need to maintain their current body stature need the best diet to ensure perfect health. One of the ways you can ensure that you have a regularity in your diet is to have some egg salad. It is one of the tastiest dishes that you can have alongside the diet that everyone faces trouble to enjoy. So, what tips should you follow to make the best egg salad? How long does egg salad last? What can you have alongside it? If all these questions are in your head, then find the solution to them ahead.
What is the best method of making an egg salad?
The best method to make an egg salad requires the following steps:
- Firstly, you need to grab the following ingredients – 4 large eggs if the serving is for two and 8-large eggs if the serving is for four people. Next, you need mayonnaise, yellow mustard, chopped green onion, salt and pepper as per taste, and paprika. You can order these ingredients online, or you can buy them at the nearest store. You can also choose to add celery, lettuce, and a few dashes of hot sauce. These ingredients will spike the taste and add more nutrition to your salad.
- The next step is to boil the eggs in hot water. As soon as the water starts boiling, you can take it off the stove and let the eggs rest in it for 10-12 minutes. Then, take it off from the hot water, let it cool, and then peel the hardcover of the egg and chop it finely.
- Place the chopped eggs in a bowl and start throwing in some mayonnaise, mustard, and green onion. Stir the mix gently as you do not want your eggs to break. Besides, you need to ensure that each piece coats nicely. You can add celery and lettuce if you like.
- Season the salad with salt, pepper, and paprika. If you like, then you can throw in some dashes of hot sauce to tweak the taste a little.
- Mix the ingredient well, and your egg salad is ready!
You can have it straight away, or you can make a sandwich out of it or have it with your favorite cracker. You can add any salad of your choice, such as radishes, scallion, and fresh dill to it. Some people even like to add potatoes, but that would increase the carbs’ content in your salad, so choose wisely. You can enjoy the taste of the healthiest salad as effortlessly as that.
What do you do if you want to keep it longer?
Sometimes, you end up making more servings than you could have had, or you want to store it for future consumption. In such cases, people often feel that they have to devour it as soon as possible, but that is not true. So, how long does egg salad last? Well, it lasts longer than you could have thought. You can keep in the refrigerator if you have made extra serving, and it will last up to 5-days. You can have it in whatever manner you feel necessary.
What are the factors you need to keep in mind while making the dish?
People forget that they have to add the salad to the dish, as well; as such, they put a lot of eggs in it. This way, they end up making more servings. So, reduce the quantity of egg from the regular amount that you have. It will save you a lot of time.
So, try making the yummy egg salad today!